Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mike Biskup: Massive Attack of Love


Mike Biskup is one of AOT's featured artist's for September. Mike's work was also selected by the Port Townsend Film Festival for their poster and brochure. Check out Teresa's interview with Mike in video below!





Mike Biskup is the artist called upon by the Port Townsend Film Festival to create artwork for the 2007 festival. After receiving the invitation he got right to work creating many pieces for the film festival committee to select from. In an unusual move two works were selected—one for the PTFF poster and T-shirt and a second for the brochure.

Artisans on Taylor is proud to exhibit work by this local favorite during the month of September, coinciding with the film festival. Biskup presents us with a large body of new, original work that he likes to call a ‘Massive Attack of Love.’

Biskup is a prolific artist who creates art for the sheer “fun of it.” Biskup describes his process as “a stream of conscious style of drawing” that he has enjoyed for his entire life. “The process of letting my wandering arm initiate a picture, and even complete it, has always been my most satisfying artistic endeavor. As I grow in years, in artistic experience, and as I more deeply know myself and experience calm within, I am drawn even more to let my pictures develop with no expectations,” he says. “When I can sit down calmly, stop trying, and let my arm wander effortlessly with an inky bamboo stick, or a butchered brush, then I begin to get excited! And I love to see what comes to the paper!”

Biskup works primarily with watercolors and ink to produce bold abstract images that are immediately appealing. He works and lives in Port Townsend with his wife, Lisa, and their three children.

1 comment:

kapookai said...

really impress. thak for good info
newthai22
www.ristorantebellia.com